Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hand Saws, the myth and legend , and latest facts






   There is absolutely nothing that I can say about hand saws that is not covered by one of these other websites. All of which are written by folks more expert than I.

   As for me, I am using more hand tools all the time in my shop.  One of these days I will list the hand tools that I have rediscovered in the last year of so. I have good hand saws now and I am reaching for them more often, my table saw need not feel threatened but it is no longer my automatic first choice.  I can't imagine ever sharpening a hand saw myself, but then I didn't imagine having a rack of hand planes, that I use and sharpen myself either.  

   As with all edge tools, a good saw, properly sharpened in a joy to use, a joy that even the die hard gear head should try sometime.  If you go back to Dec. 16, 2011 there is a blog entry showing you how to get started with a hand saw for reasonable money.

No comments:

Post a Comment